The Education Act, 1998 provides for the establishment of Student Councils to provide a representative structure for students to contribute to the school community.
Guidelines on Student Councils
Guidelines on Student Councils: A Voice for Students were issued to all schools by the Department of Education and Science in Spring, 2002.
The role of the Student Council is to:
- Enhance communication between students, management, staff and parents
- Promote an environment conducive to educational and personal development
- Promote friendship and respect among students
- Support management and staff in the development of the school
- Represent the views of students on matters of concern to them
Please click here to see our student council "Stone on the Road" Story for this term 2017/2018