The Education Act, 1998 provides for the establishment of Student Councils to provide a representative structure for students to contribute to the school community.
Guidelines on Student Councils
Guidelines on Student Councils: A Voice for Students were issued to all schools by the Department of Education and Science in Spring, 2002.
The role of the Student Council is to:
- Enhance communication between students, management, staff and parents
- Promote an environment conducive to educational and personal development
- Promote friendship and respect among students (please click the link to see our stduents' "Stone on the Road" short story)
- Support management and staff in the development of the school
- Represent the views of students on matters of concern to them